Re: Generalizing subaddress

2006-03-24 08:13:08

Dave Cridland writes:
I'm mildly concerned you're infringing on (9) and (10), but if we're going to dump any idea of addressing subaddresses further [if you can follow that] then I'd like to canvas implementors on what they think a subaddress is, whether it sometimes/usually fits this description, and whether we might as well chop it further. (Say, by insisting on a '+' postfix ).

FWIW, trying to bend in VERP and similar mechanisms strikes me as (5).

Hm.

That's not what I tried. I tried to define separator strongly enough that it can be used, and weakly enough that no implementer thinks he can process other people's subaddresses except as a 100% opaque address.

Arnt
(who thinks 1925 should be on the standards track)

I think you could advance it straight to Draft status on the basis of multiple independent interoperable implementations, at least.

Oh? The last adjective seems rather out of place ;)

Arnt