Re: Generalizing subaddress

2006-03-30 03:13:00

Dave Cridland wrote:

How about just specifying that
a) this extension is limited to subaddresses which use separators,
b) a future extension may lift that restriction, and
c) the separator may consist of one character, of several characters or even of a zero-width boundary such as e.g. "letter on one side, nonletter on the other"?

I'm mildly concerned you're infringing on (9) and (10), but if we're going to dump any idea of addressing subaddresses further [if you can follow that] then I'd like to canvas implementors on what they think a subaddress is, whether it sometimes/usually fits this description, and whether we might as well chop it further. (Say, by insisting on a '+' postfix

Existing implementation already use '-' or '--'.
This was already discussed on the mailing list, so lets not revisit this decision.

).