Re: List of open issues with Sieve reject draft (draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-02.txt)

2006-07-11 10:29:58

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 18:58 +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
I want my code to send fewer bounces, as we all do, right? So I want to
reject using SMTP, not by sending a DSN/MDN.

I think we all want this to be possible.

It occured to me that if I provide a postffix content filter interface
to the sieve interpreter, then postfix can do SMTP rejections. The
sieve interpreter must run the user's regular active script, skip any
clauses that can't be evaluated (and don't contain stop), and see
whether a reject is executed. (In my code, this happens to be fairly
simple.) Done.

thanks for the explanation.  so your implementation will actually stop
at the first occurence of stop, even if it is inside a test block?
consider this script:

        require "fileinto";
        if header "Subject" "foo" {
           fileinto "INBOX.foo";
           stop;
        }
        reject "go away";

if I read your explanation correctly, this will never reject SMTP time,
correct?

this may give more expressibility than my suggestion, but I haven't
found an example yet, unless you allow reject after a fileinto to be a
no-op, as you say.  how do you figure the following script should be
handled?

        require "fileinto";
        if header "Subject" "foo" {
           fileinto "INBOX.foo";