Re: List of open issues with Sieve reject draft (draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-02.txt)

2006-07-19 06:07:38

Kristin Hubner wrote:

On Jul 18, 2006, at 9:23 AM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Aaron Stone wrote:

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 15:16 +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

2). Non ASCII text in rejection string - should it cause creation of DSN/MDN, runtime error or stripping of non-ASCII content?
Should we add a tagged argument to control this?
Or maybe we need another capability to enable UTF-8 clean rejection?

That capability needs to be added to SMTP, right?

Yes, that would be an SMTP extension for allowing of UTF-8 human readable response text.

I'd rather like to see such a UTF-8 extension, instead of the
workarounds being proposed to shoehorn messages into US-ASCII.

Well, I will be working on one, but it is not clear when the document will be done and how long it would

I would recommend working on that with the IETF EAI Working Group, if
you aren't already doing so.

Yes, Chris Newman has suggested to submit the draft to EAI WG.