Re: List of open issues with Sieve reject draft (draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-02.txt)

2006-07-18 09:36:39

Aaron Stone wrote:

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 15:16 +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
2). Non ASCII text in rejection string - should it cause creation of DSN/MDN, runtime error or stripping of non-ASCII content?
Should we add a tagged argument to control this?
Or maybe we need another capability to enable UTF-8 clean rejection?
That capability needs to be added to SMTP, right?
Yes, that would be an SMTP extension for allowing of UTF-8 human readable response text.

I'd rather like to see such a UTF-8 extension, instead of the
workarounds being proposed to shoehorn messages into US-ASCII.
Well, I will be working on one, but it is not clear when the document will be done and how long it would take to deploy it. We would need some advice in the Sieve reject draft to address short term problems.