Re: reject incompatibility

2006-07-27 06:16:12

here's today's text for reference:

   Implementations MUST prohibit the execution of more than one reject
   in a SIEVE script. "Reject" is also incompatible with the
   "vacation" [VACATION] extensions. Implementations SHOULD prohibit
   reject when used with other actions, in particular "reject" SHOULD
   be incompatible with keep, fileinto, redirect and discard.

I suggest this is simplified to

   Implementations MUST prohibit the execution of more than one "reject"
   in a Sieve script.  Implementations MUST prohibit the use of "reject"
   with actions that cause mail delivery, such as "keep", "fileinto",
   "redirect" and "vacation" [VACATION].

So we have gone from a SHOULD to a MUST, we'll I'm obvously not going to vote
for that... I want to give my users the choice as I don't see a compelling
argument that fileinto-reject should be militantly prohibited.

Nigel