Re: reject incompatibility

2006-07-27 06:59:15

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 14:08 +0100, Nigel Swinson wrote:
I suggest this is simplified to

   Implementations MUST prohibit the execution of more than one "reject"
   in a Sieve script.  Implementations MUST prohibit the use of "reject"
   with actions that cause mail delivery, such as "keep", "fileinto",
   "redirect" and "vacation" [VACATION].

So we have gone from a SHOULD to a MUST, we'll I'm obvously not going
to vote for that... I want to give my users the choice as I don't see
a compelling argument that fileinto-reject should be militantly
prohibited.

I suggest you get RFC 2821 fixed first, then.

seriously, a major design goal for Sieve is to make it a secure way of
handling e-mail.  adding features which makes it possible to cause mail
loops is very much opposing that ideal.
--
Kjetil T.