Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-freed-sieve-environment-ihave-00.txt]

2006-11-16 09:54:15

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 07:41 -0800, Lisa Dusseault wrote:

In the long run, should "ihave" replace "requires" since it subsumes
that functionality?

Let's say we dropped Ned's suggested requirement that actions must be
used inside of ihave blocks testing for them. Then we could prepend
scripts with test blocks that check for ihaves and say something else
otherwise:

    require ["notify", "ihave"];

    if not (ihave "vacation") {
        notify :method "mailto:myself(_at_)myserver"
            :message "Sieve error: vacation is not available.";
        stop;
    }

    vacation "I'm out of the office till later! Ciao!";

This basically just moves the "vacation not available" message from
script upload time to script run time.

Aaron