Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-freed-sieve-environment-ihave-00.txt]

2006-11-16 10:54:23

Ned Freed wrote:
Ned has published the environment extension (Thanks Ned!). I would like
to solicit some reviews.

Yes please. I'm especially interesting in comments on the initial list of
environment items,

I think the "place" item seems a bit awkward. Possible alternatives might be "type" (as in product type), "execution-env", "evaluation-time", "processed-by", or some other permutation of the above.

One thing I noticed while writing up ihave is that we currently place
no syntax requirements on capability strings. I think that at a minimum
we should prohibit ";" in capability names - this way no capability name
will ever conflict with a comparator name. Of course this is a base
specification issue.

Agreed.

--
Kenneth Murchison