Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-freed-sieve-environment-ihave-00.txt]

2006-11-20 08:54:36

Ned Freed wrote:

In the long run, should "ihave" replace "requires" since it subsumes
that functionality?

Well, it can't replace it completely since you have to require ihave...

I don't really know what the end game will be here. My plan is to move forward
with this as an experimental specification, not standards track.

I tend to agree. Even though I like "ihave" I will have hard time implementing it due to how lex/yacc is being used by Sieve parser. Skipping unrecognized actions/tests would be tricky.

I would also like the environment extension to be published on Standard Track, which suggests splitting up the document.

I'm reluctant
to push for standards-track status because past experience with mechanisms like
this has not been great - too many devils in the details.