Re: subject: and method: / Re: Working Group Last Call on draft-ietf-sieve-notify-05.txt

2007-01-03 13:41:13

On Wed, Jan 3, 2007, Nigel Swinson
<Nigel(_dot_)Swinson(_at_)rockliffe(_dot_)com> said:

Incidentally, "Read your hospital email now!" strikes me as the _subject_.
The message might be blank on a pager, or it might include some details if
it were an email. In a non-privacy-centric situation, perhaps a lot of
detail.

I think we run the risk of straying into message summaries that Ned warned
about previously.  So why can't the notification be just "Read your hospital
email now!" and have no two part subject/body, or in a non-privacy-centric
situation use redirect(+keep?).

Ok, but the implementation specs (notify-xmpp and notify-mailto) each
specify different and strange default subjects in their respective media.
They even seem to suggest that the subject would be hardcoded in the
implementation.

Aaron