Re: Naming conventions for Sieve RFCs

2007-08-13 06:41:45

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 11:13 +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Nigel Swinson wrote:
RFC3894 Sieve Extension: Copying Without Side Effects. J. Degener.
    October 2004. (Format: TXT=9018 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

I can change the title, but I think that:
 SIEVE Email Filtering Extension: Notifications

is slightly more informative than:

 SIEVE Email Filtering: Enotify Extension

(who would know that enotify is about notifications?)

Opinions?

I don't think it is necessary to use the capability string in the title,
cf. RFC 3894 above, but you need to write it differently so as not to
imply it, e.g. "Sieve Email Filtering: Extension for Notifications"

as previously stated, I prefer the title stays as "Sieve Extension:
Notifications".

--
kind regards,
Kjetil T. Homme