Re: [Fwd: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-07.txt]

2008-04-02 06:56:23

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 13:05 +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Michael Haardt wrote:
The idea was to allow the system to used a fixed address, or a fixed
addressing scheme, no matter if the variable part is a RFC subadressing
detail or some other kind of subadressing, that can be recognised as such,
telling the mail "comes from the notification system".  The quoted part
tells exactly what was tried to express.  I would appreciate a better
wording, but can't think of any.

I think the following would be better:

 or to an email address associated with the notification system

This avoids the argument about whether there is a single addresse,
whether it must be completely static, etc.

this is *exactly* what I was going to suggest myself :-)

--
best wishes,
Kjetil T.