Re: Comments on draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-07.txt

2008-04-23 03:42:23

Michael Haardt wrote:

4. We currently say MUST NOT notify if an Auto-Submitted header field exists (apart from "no"). We had an inconclusive thread going with a suggestion to change that. What's the consensus? If we're to change it, what should we change it to, given that it's critical to our loop-prevention story?

I am weakly in favor of keeping the current logic. I find your argument about using redirect in this case to be convincing.

I like the current logic, too.  It is possible to write a Sieve rule that
redirects messages with "Auto-Submitted:" (not containing "no"), should
that really be desired.  Should anybody suggest to do so automatically,
please add an option to disable that behaviour in your suggestion.

I was thinking about this as well.

Which reminded me of another question: should we describe how to handle
Yes. I suggest to add this right after the section about the envelope
sender:

 The envelope recipient(s) of the notification message SHOULD be set to
 the address(es) specified in the URI (including any URI headers where
 the hname is "to" or "cc")

Additionally, change:

 The "To:" header field SHOULD be set to the address(es) specified in
 the URI (including any URI headers where the hname is "to").
I like that.