Re: draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-10.txt

2008-12-05 12:48:10

I disagree and would appreciate adding

  It is up to the implementation if ":from" sets the parameter value.

Absolutely not.
It is critical that the value represent the *owner* of the script, and that
is
the *only* criterion that's relevant.  The "from" might or might not be the
same
as the owner, and has no direct bearing on this.

If the owner has multiple addresses, he may want to use a certain one.
Do I get you right in that the choice MUST be made outside Sieve and
the implementation MUST NOT use the value of ":from" for a hint?

If so:

  The sender address specified by ":from" MUST NOT set the parameter
  value, the value MUST be set by the implementation to the owner of
  the script.

That would be consistent with the choice of the token, but as you can
see from my first interpretation, something needs to be said about this.

Michael