Sorry

2004-03-04 00:00:04

Hi, (good morning)

I apologize for not being online at the session.

First, it was (nearly) impossible to get mcast access since
most providers here don't support it and nobody provides
mcast tunnels anymore (because they say it's available everywhere).

Second, even those who had mcast access in Germany told me that
they could not receive the IETF streams.

Third, about 10 minutes after the session started my DSL
line broke down. As far as I know the Provider (T-Online/T-DSL) had
some kind of problem and many DSL lines were out of order. So I
couldn't even follow on Jabber.

:-(

Maybe multicast distribution is not the best choice as long as this
is unavailable for most IP users...

Hadmut