Input documents vs. work items.

2004-03-10 15:23:41

Hi,
        Apparently my previous message was not clear
on the difference between input documents and work items.
As I'm currently seeing things, the LMAP document (and to
a lesser extent the mailing list discussion) are input documents
to the working group being proposed; they're not, however,
work items for it.  The ASRG would continue to work on that
document, and I would expect it to be an Informational RFC
documenting the work done there (but that should confirmed
with the ASRG chairs).
        No one is interested in discarding any of the work
done to date; we're simply interested in narrowing the field of
work to be done here to something which can be in a timely way.
                        regards,
                                Ted Hardie