Re: Three major areas of concentration

2004-03-10 21:34:57

wayne,

w> I disagree.  I know of none of the LMAP proposals that purport to
w> validate authorship.  They talk about authorization and
w> authentication, but they don't try to pin down an author.

what is the identity that is authenticated?

As far as I can tell there isn't one. These schemes specify a particular form
of authorization, not authentication.

what is its relationship to the message and/or the transmission of the
message?

The formal semantics haven't been a major concern, nor is it clear they should
be. (I worry about the many and varied ratholes that litter the formal
semantics landscape.) These proposals are all about operational semantics.

                                Ned