control of the DNS zone vs control of the email system

2004-03-11 22:40:40

In <01L7M2GASAOQ0027NR(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com>
ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com writes:

[...] Not only do we have proposals that use different parts of the DNS in
different ways, there's the mundane but nevertheless real issue that
administrative control over a domain's email policies and administrative
control over a domain's DNS entries may not be the same.

I really don't see this as a big deal.  There *already* has to be
communication between whoever controls the DNS zone and whoever
controls the email system with respect to the MX records.

-wayne