Re: When spoofing is.

2004-03-21 12:27:21

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 12:32:29PM -0600, wayne wrote:

Can you cite examples of ISPs that would have such a restriction?

I should also add this statement from Comcast's AUP (from the section
entitled "Electronic Mail"):

Forging, altering, or removing electronic mail headers is prohibited.

I believe this restriction is fairly common across ISPs.  By
implication, the end user is expected to use the ISP-supplied email
address and only that address with all outbound email.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark(_at_)bitshift(_dot_)org