Re: Intermediate MTA setting MAIL-From

2004-03-23 01:52:53

Jon,

Who has authority to set the mailfrom?  If more than one entity has the
authority, what is the relationship among them?

If we validate that the field is authentic, what good is that? What will
be better?  What will not be changed?

d/

JK> Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by

That is why we need to be clear about the lines of authority for setting
values. As a practical matter, I view MailFrom as being under the
authority of the entity referenced in the RFC2822 Sender field.

JK> Surely (2822)Sender should only be there in particular circumstances
JK> (i.e. not always).

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>