RE: plan for april 5th xmpp conference...

2004-03-27 18:17:04

1. The collective aspect of the set of characteristics by
which a thing is
definitively recognizable or known: "If  the broadcast
group is the financial
guts of the company, the news division is its public
identity" (Bill Powell).

I think an IP fits well into definition #1.  It is one of a number of
characteristics by which the sender is known
[snip for brevity]
Certainly, it's not the only identity by which the sender is
known, but it certainly seems to be one.

That's fair.  It didn't look at first that it could fit, hence my concern
that it would be brought up as an "identity" in the April 5th conference.
Though I thought the IP would be more closely matched with a group identity
(especially with dynamic IP) rather than an individual identity.

Speaking of such, is that conference rescheduled at all, given that April 5th
is the start of Passover?

--
PGP key (0x0AFA039E):
<http://www.pan-am.ca/consulting(_at_)pan-am(_dot_)ca(_dot_)asc>