Re: User experience

2004-04-10 15:35:41

Matthew Elvey wrote:

SPF on its own, as currently written will have no medium or long term impact on spam other than joe-jobs and bounces and bandwidth.
The same is true for the non-open Microsoft and Yahoo derivatives.
That's why I started the "[Asrg] LMAP: RHSBLs better than what we have now?" thread.

Doug Royer allegedly said:
>Benefit - saves time by allowing automated tools to track spam sources.

><I can write tools that always get contact information given a domain name, but can't given an IP. \

I believe that's false. Both ARIN et. al. info and domain info is fairly often bogus.

Thank for quoting me accurately. Yes, I  can write such a tool :-)

I never said that sometimes some of the information is a lie.

Registrars ignore blatantly false info in both, unless there's been a recent change I'm not aware of. So I don't believe switching from one to the other is likely to to be a benefit.

Would you agree that it allows tracking to the spam source of an infected machine
where the owner is honest?

--

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                              | Cell:   (208)520-4044