Re: Rough consensus reached. Let's move on.

2004-04-15 13:20:02

In <407ECAFE(_dot_)60106(_at_)elvey(_dot_)com> Matthew Elvey
<matthew(_at_)elvey(_dot_)com> writes:

I sense a rough consensus that all of the following, applied together,
will be more useful than all but any one of them:
[list snipped]

Well, yeah, doing more is better than doing less.  I think it is a
matter of priorities though and as Marshall says, we can't do it all.

There hasn't been any consensus movement toward or strong argument for
elimination of 1, 2, or 3.  Agreed?

Well 3) was the RFC2822 stuff.  The more I think about it and the more
I learn about the current state of the propsals in that area, the more
confident I become in saying that there isn't a clear solution.

Therefore, I would vote for eliminating 3) for the first round, but
keep working on it for the second round.

-wayne