Re: Message Level Authentication

2004-04-20 20:08:05

On Apr 20, 2004, at 7:01 PM, Bill Mcinnis wrote:

Again in terms of large mass mailers, we do agree that infrastructure will have to be in place to adaquately meet origination record capacity. However the systems are already "online" sending and receiving email and can easily be interfaced into a central data system. All in all, we see it as a better and an easier implementation model than rewriting the SMTP protocol, DNS, or rebranding old anti-spam tests as new methods of prevention.

Your concern shouldn't be the mass mailers, it should be the big ISPs that have 10s of million mails outbound daily. Centrally storing info for all that mail is a real scalability concern. And unlike the mass mailers, you can't just tell these people 'suck it up', as they are responsible for large portions of legitimate mail on the internet.

George