Re: Caller-ID group is hiring!

2004-04-29 18:27:31

Margaret,

MO> Meng correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that with strict SPF
MO> records published and checked, that the forger  would have been forced

Any reasonable authentication scheme would have shown either where the
message actually came from or who actually authored.

Either type of information would have made pretty clear that this did
not come from the purported author.

Actually, there is an interesting hole in many of our discussions:
What about spoofing from _within_ an organization?  Since most
organizations suffer data theft from within, this is not a small
concern.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>