Re: Semantics and Syntax

2004-05-03 09:49:41

wayne wrote:

From the MARID charter:

In <938B9C24-858D-11D8-A7E0-000A95B3BA44(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> Andrew Newton
<andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> writes:

                                      [....] the first task of the
     working group will be to establish which of these identities
     should be associated with MTA authorization. Once this
     decision has been reached, it will limit the scope of further
     activity in this working group,

It is my understanding that this first task has been finished.  The
co-chairs feel that there is a rough consensus that we should work on
the RFC2821 data first, then the RFC2822 data.

     May 04 Interim Meeting. Focus on required semantics for
     MTA authorization; syntax discussions

Ok, so now we are supposed to be discussing semantics and syntax.

I would recommend focusing first on what data we want to represent i.e. semantics, before jumping to the actual syntax.

Yakov
--
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com