Re: CSV (Crocker's draft) good! (evaluation, big suggestion)

2004-05-03 09:22:03

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 08:48:33AM -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

| Mailing lists are very rarely members of a forwarding relationship.
| If they are it is because the list has moved and there is a very
| clear and explicit understanding of the forwarding relationship.
|
| This being the case I don't see why a mailing list should not
| reject all mail that fails Caller-ID checks. The test to see if the
| email is forwarded becomes very simple.

Ok, that makes sense; it sounds like mailing list managers, when
receiving, should always impose a directOnly attribute on lookups; is
that right?  so the tested address is the "From:" no matter what other
"Sender", "Resent-*", etc headers are present.