Re: CSV (Crocker's draft) good! (evaluation, big suggestion)

2004-05-05 04:22:54

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
Tony Finch writes:
"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:
 Mailing lists are very rarely members of a forwarding relationship.
 If they are it is because the list has moved and there is a very
 clear and explicit understanding of the forwarding relationship.

This is incorrect. In the University of Cambridge we have hundreds of
virtual mail domains (i.e. alias files) which provide departments
etc. with their own email presence.

I expect that the University of Cambridge staff have have a clear and
explicit understanding of the aliases involved. Right?

Right, but I was taking issue with Phill's statement that such forwardings
are rare and only the result of moving a list.

--
Tony Finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/