Re: CSV (Crocker's draft) good! (evaluation, big suggestion)

2004-05-06 10:34:39

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Matthew Elvey wrote:

Perhaps I'm slow, but I look at this thread and I can't tell whether
most folks like CSV+NBB.

AFAICT NBB is just "check addresses at SMTP time as RFC 1123 suggests".
If you aren't doing so already you are part of the problem.

Tony Finch sent forth electrons to convey:
Matthew Elvey <matthew(_at_)elvey(_dot_)com> wrote:

The problem with this argument is that CSV lacks the early adopter
self-interest motivation of SPF: preventing joe-jobs.

SPF doesn't prevent joe-jobs until people start using it to reject
email.

If I publish a '-all' in my SPF record, isn't that going to stop
joe-jobs from every server implementing SPF?

Yes, but that's approximately zero for early adopters.

--
Tony Finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/