Re: Semantics: per user policy

2004-05-11 02:12:05

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:34:21AM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

| On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 05:56:27PM -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
| |
| | SPF macros are on the verge of being Turing complete.
|
| It seems to me that the SPF macros in many people's minds are not the
| SPF macros that are defined in the spec.  The

Sorry, editor problems.  I meant to say:

The syntax of the SPF macro language can be described by a context-free grammar.

But the SPF macro language does not support operations beyond a regular grammar.

The second point is more important than the first.  An SPF interpreter
can be implemented as a DFA.  Therefore SPF is not Turing-complete,
with or without macros.