RE: suggested new RRtype experiment

2004-05-21 09:59:28

For those who think I'm either full of it or bluffing: I would very much
like to see a sketch of code that on Windows queried for arbitrary RR
types.

I know the code, having spent several unhappy weeks perusing same. You
can't do it with the system APIs. And dropping in a new client library
has the problems I outlined. Not to mention the fact that you can't
serve these records from Windows either.

        Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnt Gulbrandsen [mailto:arnt(_at_)gulbrandsen(_dot_)priv(_dot_)no]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 9:53 AM
To: Eric A. Hall
Cc: Yakov Shafranovich; Bob Atkinson; IETF MARID WG
Subject: Re: suggested new RRtype experiment

FWIW, I've written code that does strange and unusual DNS things on
Windows, and I haven't had complaints about its not working yet.

As far as I can see, the story is this: If you want to run a mail
server
on Windows, and MARID adds a new DNS RR, and you want to check MARID
RRs, then you must configure Windows so DNS uses the usual UDP port
53.

Arnt