RE: Measuring MARID

2004-05-25 15:36:27

 That is something that we are not keeping track of.
 Since these are production systems, I cant change the code very
easily... and definitely not able to change it for research purposes.

Perhaps in the next version of whatever's being developed, you could add
performance counters or logs.  It's an easy thing to overlook initally when
you just want it to work, but it sounds like now is the second best time to
add them.

I don't want us to look like the anti-virus industry - who rely on anecdotes
and what-ifs.

And the plural of "anecdote" is not "data." :-)

This brings up something I forgot last time.  The Windows guys really have it
easy when it comes to measuring performance, because there's a whole
performance-measuring infrastructure built in to the OS.  When Harry and Jim
go off and have their guys implement the coming drafts, I would expect to see
things I can pull up in Performance Monitor.

--
PGP key (0x0AFA039E):
<http://www.pan-am.ca/consulting(_at_)pan-am(_dot_)ca(_dot_)asc>