RE: Comments on draft-ietf-marid-core-01 xml use

2004-06-08 13:02:26

and version 2 adds support for something like this:
 <my_mail_comes_from_ip>10.0.0.1
  <unless_sender_is>bob(_at_)example(_dot_)com</unless_sender_is>
 </my_mail_comes_from_ip>

 This works unless you have a million names on your whitelist.
I think that is where it should be kept.

 Also, you are going to have to add a bunch or <or>'s here

<my_mail_comes_from_ip>10.0.0.1
<or>11.0.0.1</or>
<or>12.0.0.1</or>
</my_mail_comes_from_ip>

Also, lets say that you are a business or ISP that has lots of people that
travel.

<my_mail_comes_from_ip>10.0.0.1
<or>11.0.0.1</or>
<or>12.0.0.1</or>
<visitors>yes</visitors> (this can even be omitted and default to 'yes')
</my_mail_comes_from_ip>

Or, lets say that I am a web-based mail system and you should NEVER expect mail
from my domain to be sent via someone else's network.

<my_mail_comes_from_ip>10.0.0.1
<or>11.0.0.1</or>
<or>12.0.0.1</or>
<visitors>no</visitors>
</my_mail_comes_from_ip>

 I guess my point is, the more data that you have to add.. the more sense it
makes to use XML.
Especially considering the diverse OS's out there.

Regards,
Damon Sauer

*****
it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 113