RE: Comments on draft-ietf-marid-core-01 xml use

2004-06-10 00:40:56

I wrote:
1. It MUST be possible for organizations to publish email policy
records
without installing any new software...

and Ted Hardie responded:
This isn't a MUST and can't be...

Ted's right, and I misspoke here. What I intended to say was that it
must be possible for a large majority of organizations to publish
records without installing new software. (The lower-case "must" means
that if our solution doesn't do this, it won't receive wide adoption.
Ted has also correctly noted that we don't care about the tail of the
distribution curve that has ancient or special-purpose software.)

-- jimbo