Re: Towards resolution on Wildcards

2004-06-09 16:53:42

In <5B8F2118-BA46-11D8-86B7-000A95B3BA44(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> Andrew Newton
<andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> writes:

1) During the MARID interim meeting, Ted Hardie suggested a dual
record type [...]  Do you feel this is a workable solution?

No.

2) Do you feel a MARID solution needs the capability of DNS wildcards?

"needs"? no.  very useful?  yes

3) If you answered "yes" to both [...]

N/A

4) If you answered "no" to either (1) or (2), then do you feel it is
acceptable for TXT reuse to specify a prefix and that environments
needing DNS wildcard behavior may do so at the risk of collision or
other side-effects? [...]

If we (the MARID WG) accepts the SPF syntax, I think it would very
foolish to try and move the location into a subdomain.

If we accept something like XML, then I think it *MUST* be placed in a
subdomain due to its size.

If we accept something else, then I really don't have strong
preferences.

-wayne