Re: Reality check please

2004-06-10 08:32:19

In <F1D27186E3620E4B9E26F2331AF869BA021940(_at_)rome(_dot_)bswa(_dot_)com> "G.
Waleed Kavalec" <Kavalec(_at_)BSWA(_dot_)com> writes:

Gordon said

I wish domain vendors were better about this sort of thing
but we're going to see spammer-friendly registrars no matter
what this group comes up with.

Excuse the thread drift, but (if in the US) wouldn't they be accessories
to a crime under CANSPAM?

Maybe, but spammers already are committing tons of crimes (unrelated
to "spam" laws), and they are rarely prosecuted unless they cause
millions of dollars worth of damage.  Heck, much of the forgery that
MARID is intended to stop is probably criminal.

Unless you can show that the legal aspects will affect our choices, I
think these issues are way out of scope.

-wayne