Re: Towards resolution on Wildcards

2004-06-10 08:41:01

In <40C87C73(_dot_)6030602(_at_)ehsco(_dot_)com> "Eric A. Hall"
<ehall(_at_)ehsco(_dot_)com> writes:

As a point of relevance, Microsoft has not yet committed to a timeframe
for developing and deploying support for i18n domain names either, but
that didn't stop the engineering from proceeding. In fact, that hole has
been partly filled by third-parties, and there's no reason to think the
same kind of solution would not emerge.

For that matter, I don't think MS has committed to a timeframe for the
developing and deploying support for MARID.

A while ago, it was asked which would be released first:  Support for
MARID in Exchange/Outlook, or a new release of Windows that could
support new DNS RR types.  If the release schedules are about the
same, or MS isn't willing to commit to a release schedule at all for
MARID, then I don't see much point in considering MS's DNS problems.

I mean, really, what's the point of doing XML in TXT if Outlook and
Exchange don't use it until 2007?

-wayne