Re: Towards resolution on Wildcards

2004-06-12 07:20:18

Jim Lyon wrote:
The biggest problem is that if you publish a new record format, a
significant fraction of the people on the internet will not be able
to see it [...]

... for a while. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly:

   Should we use TXT as a stopgap while the new RR isn't deployed?

That's the question I'd like to see answered; do you guys have any
difficulties with that? It would mean extra traffic for DNS servers who
don't support the new RR. On the receiving-MTA side, I don't see any
problem with a second query; if I'm wrong, please correct me.

I'd rather use a new RR for the final infrastructure and make it
binary, since the RR is for machine consumption.

--
Luis Bruno                                UTM: 29T 629481E 4511776N 576m