Re: MTAmark (was: Reality check please)

2004-06-11 10:12:28

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:07:11AM -0700, Claus Assmann wrote:
Has someone contacted any big ISPs to see whether they are willing
to implement MTAmark? If none of the ISPs that host spam zombies
(from which 80% of the spam originates according to some recent
report) right now will participate then it seems the proposal won't
be useful.  AFAIK several big ISPs have been approached and have
not shown any interest.

I am currently trying to contact people in DE. Peter Koch who is doing
the monthly DNS host count for DE domains is willing to add a check for
MX hosts and will provide information about the number of unique (based
on IP address) MX server used for DE domains.
    ftp://ftp.ripe.net/ripe/hostcount/RIPE-Hostcount
This should provide some idea about the number of mailservers.

PS: I sent this question to Markus directly in March but haven't
heard back (probably eaten by some spam filter...)

Sorry, it is still in my "overflow" queue. Always wanted to write some
"thank you" for the sendmail support and provide some data, which I
couldn't, because I didn't get answers and then it got lost in work
load again :(((

I have asked around at the RIPE anti-spam list, and the IETF DNSOP list
but got zero repsonse.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299