Re: rough consensus and working code

2004-06-15 11:58:48

Considering SPF community, I think once standards here are formalized
and these standards have community support (i.e. "consensus"), the
code will become available very soon.

I sure hope the code precedes formalization, because I have little
confidence that a paper design will stand up in practice.  As many
others have noted, e-mail and anti-spam is one of the most hostile
computing enviroments around, and if there's any exploitable chinks
in the armor, the bad guys will exploit them to the utmost.

Re SPF, I know about the SPF publishing wizard, and I've seen a couple
of libraries that decode SPF data, but how many people have actually
plugged them into their MTAs to see what happens?

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com