Re: Working toward unity on XML

2004-06-16 05:56:43

Position 1. In favor of XML:

Caller-ID (XML) has not had a huge publication rate.  This *may* be a
case of domain owners vetoing XML, but there are many other possibilities.

I do not think this has anything to do with XML vs SPF syntax; I think it's a reflection of the level and kind of information you have to gather in order to publish. As I have mentioned elsewhere, for most domains publishing to catch all P.R.D. is much different exercise than publishing the valid MAIL-FROM ip addresses. It's also much more valuable information for the receiver, and required for tracking reputation and accreditation by authoring domain rather than by channel.

Margaret.