Re: CSV, NBB

2004-06-20 14:47:25

    Matthew> Obviously.  The point of NBB is to address this problem.
    Matthew> So if it's solved, there's no point.  Circular reasoning.
    Matthew> The question is why my/another solution is better.

I replied:

    Roy> Because NBB will only prevent forged bounces from arriving in
    Roy> my mailbox if *everyone* on the Internet implements it (and
    Roy> not even then, given upstream bounces).

Or, put another way:

If I implement NBB on *my* MTAs, it does nothing to make *my* life
better, but I make a very small step towards making *everyone else's*
life better.  Once when enough people do likewise, my like gets a lot
better.

If I implement one of the bounce discarding schemes, *I* benefit
immediately and substantially.  So there's a much stronger incentive
for me to implement.

    -roy