Re: Could binary encoding really be the answer?

2004-06-23 19:16:17

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Douglas Otis wrote:

3) A type of PTR record to build external reference lists with a
matching protocol field to the inverse SRV record also for selection.

Maybe we should consider just reusing existing PTR record since it has
no defined meaning and use for domains (only meaning is for IN-ADDR tree)?

And if we need something more advanced, I already wrote how NAPTR records
may possibly be used for similar purposes and they are kind of like more
enhanced and universal PTR.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks