Re: Emotions, Encoding, and Ignorance (Was: Why not XML)

2004-06-23 08:20:07

On Jun 22, 2004, at 11:43 PM, Hadmut Danisch wrote:
Because this is an endless loop. An emotional loop. Caused by SPF.

Why?

Because SPF has never been a technical invention. SPF is only a public relations coup of a few people who were hijacking an idea to bring themselves in front of the cameras
and the newspapers.
Okay, assuming you mean Meng, and myself in this group, I am very insulted. How dare you imply that the countless hours of work we have put into this are for self-aggrandizement. I don't get paid for this work, nor do I even work for a company that sponsors my involvement. I volunteered my efforts to help a build a tool for everyone.

OK, let's come back to technical arguments.
Sorry, I can't right now. I'm far too upset by what you've said above. I am stunned that you would proceed in such a unprofessional manner, and in the public forum of a standards body working group.

If your goal was to stymie any rational discussion, you've succeeded.

        - Mark Lentczner

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
markl(_at_)glyphic(_dot_)com