Re: Unified SPF: block versus factored records for HELO and MTAMAark scopes

2004-06-24 08:41:15

"Meng" == Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Meng> In my discussions with Microsoft and AOL, I have gathered
    Meng> the impression that large mail receivers favour block
    Meng> records because they are more easily cached and more easily
    Meng> transformed into a representation native to their internal
    Meng> antispam engines.  Factored records which require a new
    Meng> lookup for every cache negative are, in their world, not
    Meng> lightweight by comparison.

But, AIUI, CSV in it's current incarnation involves doing an SRV
lookup on the domain name; how is this more heavyweight than doing a
TXT lookup.  CSV looks just as cacheable to me as SPF, but uses more
compact records...

         -roy