Re: Unified SPF: RPC factored lookups = DVP

2004-06-25 06:41:21

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:38:36PM +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

| Right. I'd like the publication to contain only an address/port. The
| receiving SMTP sender looks the address up, makes an RPC to the
| published address (e.g. using UDP, although BXXP is a possibility too),
| receives a well-defined FAIL/PASS/NEUTRAL answer, and that's it.
|
| The address/port may be located at the site that makes the policy, or it
| may be at a third party which offers a wizard like that Pobox offers
| for SPF.

For the record, the design you describe above has been
fleshed out --- as DVP.  It was not submitted to this WG but
I wanted to mention it for completeness.  If anyone's
keeping track of MARID/LMAP-family proposals, this should be
on the list.

http://www.exploits.org/dvp/