Re: CSV stake in the ground

2004-07-04 02:56:53

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Crocker" <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>
Cc: "MARID" <ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: CSV stake in the ground

HS> - Has higher than required SMTP compatibility conflicts,
HS> - Potentially high (unnecessary) SMTP redesign issues,

CSV does not require any redesign of SMTP.  None.
CSV has no compatibility issues with SMTP.  None.

Dave,  I believe it all depends on what your team (and yourself) finally
conclude on how CSV is going to behave.  As it is stated now, you have many
issues that make it problematic to implement.  Do I need to outline them?

HS> - Potential customer acceptance (PR) issue regarding fee-based service
HS> bureaus,

I cannot seriously guess what you are talking about.
It seems to have something to do with business models, but there is
nothing about CSV that prefers or limits choice of business models.

Dave, I clarified I have no problem with this.  But I am surprise to read
you don't see the implications this has for commercial mail server product
vendors, and quite probably, even more with non-commercial developers.  This
might all depend on the availability and type DNA services available.  If
its only going to be MAPS,  we might want to get an arrangement with them to
help promote it.  But I would like to see more DNA services available before
committing time, money and resources to CSV development.   That would be
just the few of the many other issues that will crop up.    In short, CSV is
not just a basic plug and play technical solution.

Thanks for writing.

http://www.santronics.com