RE: Forging (was Re: Differences between CSV and Sender-ID )

2004-07-07 07:36:40

As I say, the Internet community is going to be a bit disappointed
that we spent this much time and effort and did nothing to reduce
spam.

I've said in counter to this that the Internet Community consists of a bunch
of lazy [censored] for not acting to do something about their own spam, and a
bunch of clueless [deleted] for actually responding to spam.

None of us here have the solution to a clueless and lazy community.

What we can do here is deliver incentive to complain, by demonstrating that
who claims to have sent the spam actually sent it (accountability).  IF the
community decides to act on valid information, they will, and that will be
the beginning of the end of spam.  IF not, if the commmunity chooses to be
the lazy [deleted] that they are today, then it won't.

If MARID gets used by an elite few, that's OK by me.  I will probably host a
second domain that will require senders have MARID records or their mail will
be refused.  Eventually the elite minority will grow.

--
PGP key (0x0AFA039E):
<http://www.pan-am.ca/consulting(_at_)pan-am(_dot_)ca(_dot_)asc>