The licensing issue

2004-07-14 17:21:54

All -

Regarding the issues of licensing and intellectual property:

1) It has been my understanding that any technology that Microsoft has claims to would be made available with zero royalty licensing terms that are compatible with open source development and distribution including GNU licenses and OSF approved licenses. If this is the case and the license bears it out, then I have no objections to such an arrangement. If this is not the case, I am confident Microsoft will clarify their intentions.

2) Since the IPR disclosure filed by Microsoft for the Caller-ID draft doesn't indicate what portion of the draft is covered (section V(C) is blank), and since only parts of that draft have been incorporated into the marid-core draft, I would like to ask that Microsoft clarify which portions of the marid-core they have patents pending for.

        - Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
markl(_at_)glyphic(_dot_)com